We are 4.6 million
with 4600 products
for 150 countries
We produce and export diversity
In 2014 we exported:
million in goods
million in services
The Costa Rican export sector has backed a strategy of diversification, innovation, creativity, new trends and differentiated products.
The place, the people, the opportunities: Invest in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a strategic destination for the operation of multinational enterprises in sectors such as the service industry, advanced manufacturing, life sciences and light manufacturing. Up to the present date, more than 250 world-leading enterprises have chosen our country as a place in which to expand their operations. Costa Rica has become the preferred destination in Latin America for leading companies in the high-technology industry seeking to install new investment projects. Many of the most internationally renowned companies have trusted in our country to provide attention to internal and external clients from this strategic location.
250 multinational corporations operate in the country
- 95% of the employees of multinational enterprises are locals
- We are few hours away from the most important capital cities in the American continent.
- Direct flight connections with more than 35 cities all over the world.
- Maritime transport costs from Costa Rica are very competitive.
- The country has become one of the most important nearshore locations.
- 120 years of democracy together with our economic and political stability.
- One of the highest GDPs per capita in Latin America.
- The safest country in Latin America.
- One of the happiest countries in the world.
- 93% of our electricity generated by renewable resources