- Read these terms and conditions of use carefully (from here on referred to as "terms and conditions") before accessing any of our services.
- Accessing the website of the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica, PROCOMER, which is located in San Jose, Costa Rica, implies the acceptance of the regulations of use that have been established for it, as well as acceptance of the content in the applicable intellectual property rights clause in the Privacy and Security policy. The user should refer to the specific conditions that are established for the access and use of specific services within the website of the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica.
- Access to the Site is free and does not generate any commercial, contractual, or professional relationship between its users and PROCOMER.
- These terms and conditions are applicable to all users of the Site. Nevertheless, if new sections which provide specific services are added to the Site in the future, Procomer may include them in this document as an annex.
- The Site may contain access to moderated forums, where forum participants may express personal opinions and other expressions regarding a wide variety of topics. The content of these forums, and the links to external sites that are included within, are reviewed, monitored, and approved by the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica. Procomer is the editor of the content of these forums, or of the sites that may be accessed through them
- The text, as well as any other material published in these forums, are the opinion of a specific author and not of the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica. If for any reason the published information is deemed offensive, please inform the Administration at [email protected]
- The user agrees to not access or attempt to access the account of another user, and to not falsify or attempt to falsify his or her identify while using the site, or any of the systems that he or she has permission to access.
Rules for online conduct
It is expressly prohibited to use the site for:
- The organization of activities for organized political parties.
- Content that defames or threatens other people.
- Speech that may be considered fanatical or racially offensive, or hate speech.
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intention of committing them.
- Content that infringes on the intellectual property of others including, although not limited to, copyrights, registered trademarks, or trade secrets.
- Material that contains language or images that may be considered vulgar or obscene.
- Advertisements or any other kind of commercial solicitation.
Material protected by copyright or by any other legal right, including for example software, graphics, text, photographs, sounds, video, and music, may not be published on the site without the express authorization of the owner of such material.
Permission for the use of materials
In consideration of the user agreement with the Terms and Conditions contained here, the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica will issue users an access key (for the sections that require one), which is personal and non-transferrable.
Limitations of use
The user agrees to use the Site only for legal purposes. For cases which are in accordance with the above, if a third party claims that any material published on the site is illegal, it shall be the responsibility of the user to establish whether the material in question complies with applicable laws. Additionally, the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica has the right to eliminate any material from the site, to block access, or take any actions in regards to published material, at their own discretion, although it is not obligated to do so. The user may not use the informational resources of Procomer to distribute publicity that has not been solicited or any kind of promotional material.
The site contains links to sites outside of the domain of the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica. The content of these sites is the responsibility of their respective owners, and Procomer does not guarantee nor approve their content.
- This Site, and any information or services related to it, are provided "as is," with the guarantee that the information is real and appropriate.
- In regards to external Sites, the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica hereby rejects any guarantee, express or implied, in regards to the exactitude, adequateness, or completeness of a site, of the information obtained therein, or of the links. PROCOMER does not guarantee that these Sites will function uninterruptedly or without errors, or that they are free of viruses or other damaging components. The use of the information obtained through these Sites is done at the user's own risk.
- In particular, the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica shall have no obligation for indirect, punitive, special, or fortuitous damages resulting there from, whether foreseen or unforeseen (including, but not limited to, lawsuits for defamation, errors, data loss, or interruption of the availability of data), related to these terms and conditions, the use or inability to use a site, or any publication that is made in this Site, or the reliability of the information obtained on or through a site.
- The user is responsible for any damages and/or harm of any nature that may occur from non-compliance with these terms and conditions or any other applicable regulations, which thereby frees the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica of any administrative, civil, or penal responsibility, or responsibility of any other nature.
Intellectual and Industrial Property
The logo, name, brand, design, and all of the graphics that identify Procomer within the site belong to Procomer. The use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of these without the written permission of Procomer is prohibited. All of the registered trademarks that appear on this site belong to their respective owners and in the same way, the use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of them is also prohibited without the express permission of their owner.
When using any of the intranets on the site, or any of the restricted-access sections available, it is the responsibility of the users to maintain the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords, and to restrict access to their computers, since the users accept the responsibility for all of the activities that occur through the use of their accounts. The Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica reserves the right to deny service, close accounts, and to remove or edit content, according to what it considers appropriate.
The Site may contain errors or omission or information. Procomer reserves the right to correct these errors or omissions.
These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between you and the Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica with respect to the topics contained herein, and is above any other previous agreement or other current agreements, whether oral or written.
Complaints Related to Copyright
The Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica respects the property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been violated on Procomer's site, please contact us at: [email protected]
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
Any controversy or conflict that may arise as a result of the use of this site shall be resolved in accordance with the legislation valid in Costa Rica, submitted to the jurisdiction and competence of the courts of the Republic, expressly renouncing any other venue or jurisdiction that may legally correspond in the case.